Wednesday, February 26, 2014

8 Motivations to Organize Your Garage - #5 is My Biggest.

Image by Open Source Way.
Which do you hear yourself saying? Identify which apply to you, then use that as motivation to start your garage organizing project. Every person has different priorities, so some stories will feel very meaningful to you while others may seem inconsequential. Focus of which are the most important to you and use that desire to give you the energy and passion to reclaim your garage.
  1. I’m tripping over boxes. I want clear walking paths to and around my vehicle, tools, seasonal storage, etc.
  2. There’s money out there! I have valuable stuff that I want to cash in on eBay, Craigslist, consignment store, or in a garage sale.
  3. Of all the stuff in my garage, the car is not one of them. I’m parking my car on the driveway. I want to protect this valuable asset by moving it into the garage.
  4. I have to keep the door closed because the mess is embarrassing and unsightly. I don’t want to have to hide my mess from friends and neighbors anymore.
  5. The mess is stressing me out. I want a garage that gives me a peaceful orderly feeling.
  6. I’m paying for storage. By purging and creating more storage space in the garage, I can stop paying a monthly fee for a storage unit.
  7. I need more space to store my stuff. By adding a shelf or rack to my garage, I can move items out here in order to free up some space inside the house.
  8. I can’t find my stuff. I know I own a specific item. I just can’t find which pile it’s in. I want everything organized so it takes only seconds to find the item for which I’m looking.
Which of the 8 above applies the most to you? Do you have a pain point that’s not listed? Please share your thoughts by commenting.
Re-posted from http://www.maximizegaragestorage.com/blogs/news/12527113-8-motivations-to-organize-your-garage-5-is-my-biggest 

No comments:

Post a Comment